How to Choose a New Veterinarian in Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018 5:06 pm Leave your thoughts
If you have pets, it’s a good idea to have a veterinarian on speed dial regardless of whether you need one right now or not. Here at Christown Animal Hospital, we have been offering excellent veterinary care since 1969. We’ve been practicing for so long that it goes without saying that we treat all our furry patients like family! As a full-service dog and cat hospital, we provide preventative medicine, surgery, grooming, boarding and daycare. Just let us know how we can help you and your pet.
Are you a new pet parent? Do you already have pets, but are looking for a new vet? Here’s how to choose the best new veterinarian in Phoenix, AZ for your furry friend:
- Know your pet’s needs: Before anything else, make sure you account for all your pet’s needs. Is he or she a senior pet? What medications does your pet take? Does your dog or cat not get along with other animals—or people, for that matter? What about physical or health issues that limit their ability to travel far, whether on foot or by car? Knowing you pet’s needs can help narrow down your vet office options.
- Get recommendations: There are animal lovers everywhere, so you shouldn’t have a problem getting recommendations for a veterinarian. Start by asking family members, friends, neighbors and co-workers who have pets. Talk to animal shelters or rescue groups, your pet’s groomer and pet daycares. Ask them about the vet, but also inquire about the vet’s staff, rates, location and customer service skills.
- Check out vet websites: Now that you have a few good recommendations in hand, it’s time to check out vet websites. Read through doctor profiles to get a better understanding of the vet’s personality, their staff and specialties, but also make sure their website looks legit. Another good sign is if the vet displays accreditations from organizations such as the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) or others.
- Meet with prospective vets: Once you’ve narrowed down your list of possible veterinarians, make appointments to meet with each of them. Take this meeting as a time to talk about your pet and his or her needs. Ask a bunch of questions about the vet’s training, their practice, how they go about treating pets and the services their clinic provides. If you are meeting in person at their clinic, ask for a quick tour.
- Introduce your pet to the vet: So, you’ve selected the vet you feel is the best veterinarian for your furry buddy. Schedule either a meet-and-greet visit or a routine checkup to see how the vet interacts with your pet, and see how your pet takes to the vet. Normal stress in an unfamiliar space is fine, but pets and vets should get along well quickly.
If you are looking for a new veterinarian in Phoenix, AZ with experience, make sure to give Christown Animal Hospital a call. Our team is made up of trained and compassionate individuals who are ready to care for your pets. Get in touch with us today!
Categorised in: Veterinarian
This post was written by Writer