You love your pet, so if something were to happen to him or her, you would feel lost. There are a number of responsibilities associated with being a pet owner, the most important being that you properly care for your animals. Feeding them is obviously at the top of the list for everyday care, but you will also want to ensure you take your pet to the vet, not only for regular checkups, but also when they seem to be behaving unusually.
Here are five signs that you should take your pet to a veterinarian in Phoenix, AZ:
- Eating very little or nothing at all: Animals are not too different from humans when it comes to how they respond to illness. For example, when people are not feeling well, eating may be the last thing they want to do. Pets can react the same way when they are feeling ill. If your pet has stopped eating, there may be something seriously wrong. It could be something as simple as them not liking their food, especially if you recently switched it, but they could also not feeling sick.
- Low energy or fatigue: For the most, your dog should enjoy going on walks, playing and an array of other activities, so if this changes and they seem to have no energy or seem fatigued, it is a sign that something is wrong. Depending on the circumstances, like high temperatures, animals can temporarily lose interest in everyday activities, but if it goes on for too long, it could be beneficial to visit a vet just to ensure there isn’t a serious problem.
- Vomiting: Vomiting can be a sign of a number of things, but oftentimes this means your animal has consumed something their body didn’t like. Some people may not think too much about it, but when your animal is vomiting too much, this can lead to dehydration and further health problems. Pay close attention to your pet and how much they are vomiting, because you may have to pay the vet a visit to figure out what is wrong and make sure it gets treated.
- Excessive thirst: If your animal is experiencing health issues, they may start to drink more water than usual. Again, you should be able to notice if your pet has increased his of her water intake and take action if necessary, but you can also tell something may be wrong if they start to urinate more frequently or have an increased number of accidents.
- Excessive weight loss: Your animal’s weight may fluctuate, but it shouldn’t ever drop drastically in a short period of time. There are many health conditions with this side effect, so there could be something seriously wrong with your pet. A vet can help you determine if something is wrong, how serious it is and possible treatments that will hopefully get your pet back to their normal weight and feeling better.
Pet owners can sometimes feel helpless when something is wrong with their pet, but they do have options. No one wants to see their pet suffering, so when something seems to be wrong, it is best to pay the vet a visit. Whether your pet is ill or not, you will at least have peace of mind knowing that your pet is in good hands.
Is it time to take your pet to a veterinarian in Phoenix, AZ? Contact Christown Animal Hospital today to schedule an appointment with one of our compassionate professionals.
Categorised in: Veterinarian
This post was written by Writer